May 19, 2013
Feb 21, 2013
Hello! Two times a year I ask you all to help me out for a cause near to my heart - raising money to fight Muscular Dystrophy. Well, this is one of those times.
The 2013 Muscular Dystrophy Association Muscle Walk is coming up March 23rd! I've been attending since 2009 but unfortunately I won't be able to actually go to this year's walk. HOWEVER, my team "The Nerdy Birds" will still be doing our part to help everyone else beat last year's total!
How can you help?
First and foremost, a donation would be spectacular. You can do that securely online at our team page. We've set the team goal at $2,000 but I'm hoping we can bring more in! I say this every time but ANY amount is the perfect amount. If you can give $1, give $1. If every one of my Twitter followers gave $1 each I'd raise over $20,000 for MDA! It adds up quickly.
Second, if you cannot donate I ask that you spread the word. Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Myspace, message boards, billboards, anywhere! Getting the word out means possible donations and the closer The Nerdy Birds can get to their goal!
Thank you all so much for always being there for me and thank you to the newcomers for the help as well. :)
Feb 19, 2013
HAPPY GAME OF THRONES DAY!
I was able to get a preview copy of the set, which hits stores today, and you will not be disappointed! Here's are some of the features:
So you want to win one for yourself? Just send an email to nerdybirdcontest [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject line: Game of Thrones S2 Contest. (Exactly that or you will be disqualified) Then tell me (briefly) about your favorite character from the show. The contest will end tomorrow, Wednesday February 20, 2013 at 12 p.m. EST. This contest is open to anyone, anywhere but you may only enter once!
Thanks again to Appliances Online for giving me the opportunity to hold a contest for something I'm such a big fan of!
Posted by Jill Pantozzi at 11:33 AM
Jan 14, 2013
Nov 30, 2012
I removed the posts in question from my website because, while coming from a place of humor, I realize I am now in a position of power and people in power have a responsibility. People in power have influence and what they say matters.
1. a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2. wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly
1. It’s not a big deal.
2. You’re looking at this all wrong.
3. Aren’t there more important things to complain about in this world?
4. That bitch just needs some dick.
Oct 9, 2012
I could not be more excited for this. Thank goodness it comes out November 20.
Included in the set: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2, Inglourious Basterds, True Romance, and Death Proof.
Oct 5, 2012
Meanwhile, you can catch me at NYCC next weekend. The Mary Sue is hosting a party on Friday, October 12, and I'll be on several panels!
- Friday 9pm-10pm - The Psychology of Cosplay with Andrea Letamendi, Bill Doran, Holly Conrad, Jenna Busch, Robin Rosenberg. Room 1A01
- Saturday 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm - Geek Thoughts: Top Blogs Discuss Writing About Science Fiction, Fantasy and Fandom with Cyriaque Lamar, Heidi McDonald, Jamie Frevele, Rich Johnston, Ryan Britt. Room 1A01
- Saturday 6:30 pm-7:30 - Ladies of Womanthology with Anya Martin, Ashley Lentini , Bonnie Burton, Ceili Conway, Ma'at Crook, Rachel Pandich, Tanja Wooten. Room 1A01
- Sunday 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm - GeekMoms: Raising Young Padawans with Amy Kraft, Corrina Lawson, Kristen Rutherford, Nicole Wakelin, Rebecca Angel. Room 1A01. I'll be moderating this one!!